Activate your out-of-office message
- Log in to OWA with your Active Directory (AD) username and password.
- Your username is usually the first part of your e-mail address before the @ symbol (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Open the Options menu in the top right corner of the page and click Set Automatic Replies.
- Select Send automatic replies and check Send replies only during this time period.
- Select a Start time and an End time. Your message automatically turns on and off with the assigned dates.
- Enter your message in the text field.
- Click Save in the upper left corner next to the Mail icon. Both internal and external users receive this auto-reply.
- If you don't want external users to receive the message, uncheck Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization and save again
Create a custom message
- Select Send automatic reply messages to senders outside my organization.
- Select either Send replies only to senders in my Contacts list or Send replies to all external senders
- Enter a customized message in the text field.
- Click on Save in the upper left corner next to the Mail icon.
Modify your message
- Log in to the Out of Office Assistant as outlined above.
- Modify the dates or message as needed.
- Click on Save in the bottom right corner next to the green check mark.