- Make sure you download and install the Zoom client before starting any steps on this page. The majority of DFEH computers already have Zoom installed, but in the event that you do not then you can download it from https://zoom.us/download
- Once you have installed the client, launch the application and you will see the screen below
- Click on “Sign In” and you will see the screen below. Enter your credentials
- After you have successfully logged in, you will see the screen below. Verify that it states ‘Pro Account’ in the title bar. If it says ‘Free’ or ‘Basic’ you will not be able to start a connection to the room systems
- Click on “Start with Video”. To “invite” any of the PolyComs, you have to “invite” the attendee(s). Click on “Invite”.
- Select “Invite a Room System” and “Call Out”.
- Under the drop-down arrow, you will see all the PolyCom Room Systems within DFEH. There are already configured room systems throughout DFEH, one per site. The rooms are site location, eg, Elk Grove, Fremont,etc. and then the name of the system, VC – 1.
- After you select the room system, click on the green “Call” button.
- Once you “Call” the room, the recipient of the meeting invite must accept the invitation or else the meeting invitation will time out and end. Continue steps 7-9 until all the attendees are in attendance.